The Beaches – Newton Bay, Trecco Bay, Sandy Bay, Rest Bay and Ogmore Beach
Porthcawl Retail Town – Food outlets, Banks, Post Office, Museum, Restaurants and cafes
Bus & Car
Bus – Porthcawl Town, Bridgend,
Easy Way – 803 from Trecco Bay will take you to Porthcawl town and Happy Valley camp site
Stage Coach 172 –
X2 – Globe stop will take you to Cardiff and Porthcawl
Tenby, Gower, Swansea, Bridgend, Cardiff, Brecon Beacons, St Davids
Candleston Castle is a 14th-century fortified manor house, in ruins since the 19th century. It is.75 miles southwest of Merthyr Mawr, former Glamorgan, Wales, now Bridgend county borough and just.75 miles northwest of Ogmore Castle, separated by the River Ogmore. Candleston’s original long and narrow rectangular structure lay across the western end of a low narrow promontory, suggesting a defensive position.
Ogmore Castle is a Grade I listed castle ruin located near the village of Ogmore-by-Sea, south of the town of Bridgend in Glamorgan, South Wales. It is situated on the south bank of the River Ewenny and the east bank of the River Ogmore. Its construction might have begun in 1106. Ogmore was one of three castles built in the area in the early 12th century, the others being Coity Castle and Newcastle Castle.
Kenfig Castle – Ruinous of a once important Norman castle was established by Robert, earl of Gloucester in the first half of the 12th century. It has a square,free-standing keep with an entrance at the SW angle and further building remains to the SW. To the south is the bailey, with the remains of a bank and ditch around it. Although poor and patched it was an important administrative centre, and a borough was established to the south by 1183. Throughout the 12th and 13th centuries Kenfig was harried by the Welsh, and from the 13th century was gradually engulfed by sand.
Margam Country Park is a country park estate in Wales, of around 850 acres (3.4 km²). It is situated in Margam, about 2 miles (3 km) from Port Talbot in south Wales. It was once owned by the Mansel Talbot family and is now owned and administered by the local council, Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council.
Caerphilly Castle is a medieval fortification in Caerphilly in South Wales. The castle is the second largest moated castle in Europe was constructed by Gilbert de Clare in the 13th century as part of his campaign to conquer Glamorgan, and saw extensive fighting between Gilbert and his descendants and the native Welsh rulers. Surrounded by extensive artificial lakes – considered by historian Allen Brown to be “the most elaborate water defences in all Britain” – it occupies around 30 acres (12 ha) and is the second largest castle in Britain. It is famous for having introduced concentric castle defences to Britain and for its large gatehouses. Worth a visit there is a charge for entry
Adult – £7.95
Family – £23.70*
Senior citizens, students and children under 16 – £5.20
Disabled and companion – Am ddim/Free
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16
All children under 5 receive free entry.
Prices valid until March 2018